A fully fledged drone service dropping items off across the US is a ways off yet, but the concept has now edged a little closer to reality with 7-Eleven carrying out the nation’s first drone delivery to a customer’s home. The retailer teamed up with drone startup Flirtey to complete the shipment, whose flying robot was loaded up with Slurpees and other snacks to give convenience store a new kind of meaning.
.. Continue Reading 7-Eleven deploys donut delivery drone
- Rwanda’s blood-delivering drones to service 20 hospitals this summer
- Ship-to-shore delivery shows real-world potential of disaster relief drones
- Flytrex Sky drone set to deliver out of the box
- Rwanda to deploy drones to deliver urgent medical supplies to rural communities
- Amazon patent proposes using lamp posts as drone docking stations
- Drone makes historic 72-minute flight across English Channel