Aurora Flight Services’ Autonomous Aerial Cargo Utility System (AACUS) took another step forward as an AACUS-enabled UH-1H helicopter autonomously delivered 520 lb (236 kg) of water, gasoline, MREs, communications gear, and a cooler capable of carrying urgent supplies such as blood to US Marines in the field.
.. Continue Reading AACUS-equipped autonomous helicopter makes first cargo delivery to US Marines
- King Stallion helicopter aces first heavy load lift test
- System that brings autonomous capabilities to existing helicopters demoed for Marines
- Unmanned UH-1H helicopter in the works
- Autonomous Airbus helicopter makes its first flights
- DARPA demonstrates robotic landing gear for helicopters
- Pilot-optional helicopter and drones work together to fight fires and rescue “missing” person