Poachers typically hunt at night, which is why drone-mounted infrared cameras are being used to spot them. The problem is, since both the poachers and the animals emit heat, it can be difficult to tell which is which in the videos. Scientists from the University of Southern California are making the job easier, using artificial intelligence.
.. Continue Reading AI-based system designed to spot poachers
- Drones and AI combine to combat poaching in southern Africa
- Tanzania turns to anti-poaching drones to help endangered wildlife
- Poachers are scanning scientific papers to find rare (and endangered) species
- Sensor sounds alert when elephants are shot at
- The doctor is in: Virtual therapist to help treat stress disorders
- Virtual veterans help train U.S. Army psychologists