Most piston-driven helicopters use aviation-grade gasoline or avgas, but as part of the European Clean Sky initiative, Airbus Helicopters has begun flight testing of a new high-compression engine that burns widely-available kerosene aviation fuel. Installed in an H120 demonstrator aircraft, the advanced lightweight V8 piston engine promises to be a more efficient, cleaner alternative to turbine powerplants in high-performance rotorcraft.
.. Continue Reading Airbus Helicopters flight tests kerosene-fueled lightweight V8 piston engine
- Airbus H160 helicopter makes its first flight
- Wounded veterans set sights on South Pole microlight flight
- Mitsubishi Regional Jet makes first flight
- First night flights for X-47B
- Bugatti airplane replica makes its first flight
- Predator B ER drone completes endurance flight