Facebook has discontinued support for its Messenger for Windows Desktop client for Facebook Chat. The move follows an abrupt announcement last week and will mean that Facebook no longer offers a desktop instant messaging client of its own. Users can, however, still use third-party applications to connect to Facebook chat from their desktops. Gizmag provides a selection of instant messaging options that can be used to connect to Facebook Chat from the desktop, some of which are recommended by Facebook itself… Continue Reading Alternatives to Facebook Messenger for desktop
- Facebook gets Skype-powered video calling
- Microsoft announces significant update to Windows Live Messenger
- Determine if you’re addicted to Facebook, with The Bergen Facebook Addiction Scale
- Warner Bros. becomes first studio to offer movie rentals through Facebook
- Users spend 16 billion minutes on Facebook each day
- Can Facebook convince Apple to allow Facebook Home on the iPhone?