Apple has been teasing an interest in augmented reality (AR) for at least the last year, and yesterday’s WWDC keynote was the first time AR made an appearance in one of the company’s events. While ARKit can do some cool Pokémon Go-style phone tricks in the short term, it’s hard to see this move as anything but planting seeds for future AR glasses.
.. Continue Reading Apple’s ARKit is pointing towards something much bigger than iPhone AR
Category: Mobile Technology
- HoloLens spreads beyond the US, arriving in six new countries
- AR and VR hand tracking with just a smartphone camera: ManoMotion SDK points to the future
- Lenovo Phab 2 Pro review: Exciting possibilities, unexciting phone
- One Big Question: Will virtual reality kill off TV the way music streaming did CDs?
- Screen-free critter catching coming next week with wearable Pokémon Go Plus
- The world’s first Project Tango phone brings augmented reality to your mobile