Diginova, a consortium of European companies and universities, has proposed a roadmap for how the manufacturing industry could fully benefit from the digital era over the next two decades. According to this vision, we are moving toward manufacturing highly customizable, on-demand goods that are locally produced from raw materials and globally distributed digital designs. This could lead to extreme product customization, decentralization of production and, perhaps surprisingly, much lower costs of everyday goods ranging from smartphones to medicine… Continue Reading Are we heading toward a digital industrial revolution?
- Lockheed Martin moves 3D printing to the production line
- OpenDesk offers open source furniture designs for local manufacture
- Digital printing at 400 feet per minute
- The coffee cup-a-day project
- EDAG’s Genesis: The 3D printed car of the future
- Same-day Digital Newspaper Publishing launched in Australia