They might seem like boring old rocks, but asteroids and meteorites have some fascinating stories to tell about the history of the solar system. New research from the University of Florida has now traced back the origins of almost all asteroids in the inner belt to just five or six ancient minor planets.
.. Continue Reading Asteroid belt may be remains of half a dozen ancient planets
- Meteorite discovery: “No one has seen anything like this one before”
- Black Beauty meteorite suggests habitable primordial Martian crust
- Rare meteorite may have formed the basis for the planet Mercury
- King Tut’s dagger was out of this world
- Planetary Resources reveals out-of-this world 3D printing
- Oldest micrometeorites ever found hold clues to Earth’s ancient atmosphere