Astronomers have captured the most detailed view to date of the region of space surrounding the famous Tarantula Nebula – a 1,000 light-year wide swirling cloud of cosmic gas, the core of which is illuminated by some of the brightest and most massive stars ever detected. The environment surrounding the Tarantula Nebula can be seen in glorious detail, dotted with smaller stellar nurseries, teeming star clusters, and supernova remnants.
.. Continue Reading Astronomers capture exquisite view of Tarantula Nebula
- Laser emissions discovered emerging from the Ant Nebula
- Everyone’s favorite nebula harbors a surprising secret
- Infrared imaging shows Trifid Nebula in a new light
- Hubble images neutron star at the heart of the Crab Nebula
- ESO’s OmegaCam captures a two billion pixel nebula view
- A spectral Saturn shines in new ESO nebula snap