Early last year, we first heard about Fraunhofer’s DEDAVE (Deep Diving AUV for Exploration) unmanned submersible. Then this July, we got word of an initiative aimed at locating sunken flight models of a famous Canadian jet fighter, the Avro Arrow. Now, the two have come together – Fraunhofer is reporting that one of its DEDAVEs has located a couple of of the models.
.. Continue Reading Autonomous sub finds aviation artifacts
- The Neyk submarine: Does this “subaquatic luxury jet” hold water?
- Mystery of Civil War sub’s sinking may be solved
- Rising tide: Submarines and the future of undersea warfare
- Video: Underwater flight in the DeepFlight Dragon
- Boeing’s Echo Voyager deep water robotic sub goes to sea
- Royal Navy looks to nature for futuristic sub concepts