The Solar Impulse team reports that the aircraft is making an unscheduled stopover in Nagoya, Japan. The plan was to cross a weather front just before Hawaii on solar day 5, but the latest forecasts looked grim so the decision was made to land and wait for better weather conditions.
.. Continue Reading Bad weather forces Solar Impulse to land in Japan
- Solar Impulse 2 begins historic round-the-world, sun-powered flight
- Solar Impulse 2 sets distance record
- Solar Impulse 2 spreads its wings for the public
- Solar Impulse begins its Sun-powered flight across America
- Solar-powered airplane completes trans-America flight
- Solar Impulse 2 round-the-world route revealed