Anyone who’s ever needed a pair of thick eyeglasses has a firm idea that lenses are the one thing where form follows function. However, BAE Systems and Queen Mary’s School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science in London have put paid to that idea with a flat lens that works like a conventional curved lens, yet without any reduction in bandwidth performance. Using a combination of composite metamaterials and transformational optics for the first time, they have created a lens that’s able to bend electromagnetic waves, yet isn’t bound by its shape for its function.
.. Continue Reading BAE Systems develops a flat lens that acts like it’s curved
- MIT produces new metamaterial that acts as a lens for radio waves
- iPro lens provides fisheye for the iPhone guy
- Overnight lenses correct farsightedness
- One size fits all Mobi-Lens improves the camera of almost any device
- Turtleback launches TurtleJacket PentaEye lens wheel for iPhone5
- Event-hiding "temporal cloak" demonstrated