Cosmic rays and other radiation sources make space a very hostile place for electronics, so BAE Systems announced today that it’s rolling out its latest generation of radiation-hardened computers. The new RAD5545 single-board computer (SBC) is designed to survive the hard radiation in space while providing “exponential improvements” over the company’s previous RAD750 SBC in terms of size, speed, and power-efficiency.
.. Continue Reading BAE Systems unveils rad-hard space computer
- New radiation-tracking wearable gives you something else to worry about
- Japan activates underground ice wall to seal away Fukushima’s nuclear waste
- Fossil fuel emissions threaten to reduce radiocarbon dating reliability
- We might be overestimating the age of ancient rocks
- Revved-up carbon purifies radioactive water
- FDA ticks off first drug to treat radiation sickness after nuclear disasters