A fascinating study led by scientists at the University of Zurich has uncovered key insights into the mechanisms behind how our brain generates our sense of self. The researchers administered lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) to several participants in order to home in on where in the brain our sense of self is activated and what happens when a powerful psychedelic drug interferes with that process.
.. Continue Reading Breakthrough study reveals how LSD dissolves a person’s sense of self
- Imaging technique shows in living brain what was once only visible in cadavers
- Blood test for Alzheimer’s shows 100 percent accuracy in early trials
- Deuterium-substituted cough syrup for treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders
- Neurostimulator goes through the nose to make tears
- Spider venom found to reduce stroke-induced brain damage
- Scientist claims that human head transplants could be a reality by 2017