Fast affordable broadband is one of the essentials of modern life. Like an effective education system, if a country does not ensure its citizens have universal access, the future will invariably be compromised for all concerned. Hence the latest comparative country data from Cable.co.uk paints an interesting picture of which countries are doing it right, and those where short term gain for the telcos has prevailed.
.. Continue Reading Broadband bang per buck: How your country rates on speed versus cost
- Virgin Media turns pedestrian pavement into Wi-Fi hotspot
- SpaceX outlines plans for 2019 launch of space-based broadband
- Research shows broadband Internet access alters lifestyle
- Broadband-in-Gas (BiG) technology offers massive bandwidth for little infrastructure investment
- AT&T’s AirGig project to test high-speed Wi-Fi delivery over power lines
- Google-backed cable delivers blazing bandwidth under the Pacific