While it’s not uncommon for older people to get total hip replacements, doctors now often go with hip resurfacing implants for younger patients who have conditions such as osteoarthritis. The devices can cause problems, however, plus they can’t be used on women. A new type of implant may change that, as it’s made out of ceramic instead of the traditional metal.
.. Continue Reading Ceramic implant may be the next hip thing
- Hydrogel could dispense pain-killing medicine to joints as they move
- Biomarker discovery points to blood test for osteoarthritis
- A sound technique for detecting knee osteoarthritis
- Microcapsule delivery method opens door for protein to treat osteoarthritis
- Your expensive running shoes could be destroying your knees, ankles and hips
- World’s first biodegradable joint implant grows new joints