The discovery of fresh fingerprints at a crime scene is a promising step towards determining the culprit, though huge databases still need to be sifted through in order to find potential matches and the culprit’s prints need to be included in said databases. So what if many of the suspects could be ruled out before this rigorous search even begins? A new fingerprint identification technology is promising to lighten the load for investigators, by revealing whether prints belong to a male or female.
.. Continue Reading Chemistry reveals whether fingerprints came from a male or a female
- New tech could tell CSIs when fingerprints were made
- “Magic” marker helps investigators in hunt for fingerprints
- New fingerprint-lifting compound could make life easier for CSIs
- New fingerprint-imaging system beats powder when it comes to metal items
- Grasp Lock reads your fingerprint to unlock your bike
- New technique claimed to lift more fingerprints from paper