When the water in the rooftop cooling towers of a building’s air conditioning system gets infected with Legionella bacteria, people in the building can get potentially-fatal Legionnaires’ disease. Therefore, it’s important to check that water for the bacteria on a regular basis. A new chip is promised to do it faster than ever.
.. Continue Reading Chip detects Legionnaires’ bacteria in minutes, not days
Category: Health & Wellbeing
- Psoriasis sensor gets under peoples’ skin
- Materials that self-destruct if they’re not “fed”
- E.coli, robots and sugar. The recipe for success?
- Growing nanowire lasers directly on silicon promises to simplify photonic chip design
- Wi-Fi holography can be used to “spy” on entire rooms and buildings
- Augmented reality headset helps helicopter pilots see through the clouds