There could be trouble in orbit for Japan’s recently launched X-ray Astronomy Satellite, “Hitomi” (ASTRO-H). The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA) lost touch with Hitomi on Saturday and the presence of debris in the vicinity put the health of the spacecraft in question.
.. Continue Reading Communication failure sparks fears for important Japanese astronomy satellite
- How to view and photograph the Super Blood Moon
- This year’s best meteor shower peaks in the next few days
- World’s largest connected radio telescope expands into Ireland
- Surprise asteroid to give Earth a Halloween flyby
- Create your own hi-res 3D model of a stellar outburst
- Chandra X-ray Observatory celebrates 15th anniversary with new supernova images