After its maiden untethered flight last December, the Cormorant (formerly known as the AirMule) unmanned VTOL aircraft from Israel-based Tactical Robotics’ has now spent much of the summer in the air as the company tests its performance in different conditions and with various modifications. With both military and commercial applications ultimately in mind, the company has gradually expanded the flight envelope of the prototype in recent tests.
.. Continue Reading Cormorant (née AirMule) unmanned VTOL aircraft expands flight envelope
- US Navy goes tubular with autonomous swarming UAV demonstrations
- “Optionally piloted” Black Hawk takes to the air
- Autonomous 30-mile flight for Sikorsky S-76 commercial helicopter
- Whaddaya get when you cross a quadcopter with a plane? The HQ UAV
- DARPA seeks drop-in autopilot system to assist pilots
- UAE dangles US$1 million in prize money to encourage Drones For Good