Virgin Galactic has a new mothership for its small satellite launch service. “Cosmic Girl” is a 747- 400 commercial jet aircraft that once served with Sir Richard Branson’s Virgin Airlines and has now been seconded to act as the an aerial platform for sending small payloads into orbit using the LauncherOne orbital vehicle.
.. Continue Reading Cosmic Girl: 747 becomes Virgin Galactic’s new mothership
- Virgin Galactic’s SpaceShipTwo crashes on test flight
- Hadfield on Virgin Galactic: “Eventually they’ll crash one”
- Human error and inadequate training blamed for SpaceShipTwo crash
- NASA announces technology experiments to fly on SpaceShipTwo
- Want to launch a satellite? Call Virgin Galactic Cargo
- Northrop Grumman gives early look at its XS-1 Experimental Spaceplane design