Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) isn’t good for anyone to have, but it’s particularly hard on children – it can cause reduced absorption of nutrients, which can in turn stunt a child’s growth. That’s why scientists are looking at a better way of treating it … using tapeworms.
.. Continue Reading Could tapeworms prevent bowel disease in children?
- Gallery: Parasitic Architecture – building on, under or out of existing structures
- Entomologist acts as human incubator for bot flies
- Scientists sequence genetic code of dog roundworm
- “Zombie ant” fungus found to leave its victim’s brains uneaten
- Nanotech could rid cattle of ticks, with less collateral damage
- Chemically altered osteoporosis drug kills malaria parasite in mice