In a world where 3D-printed guns are a reality, security threats are no longer the reserve of a hostile nation’s military. With advanced technologies increasingly accessible to groups and individuals, DARPA is initiating a program called “Improv” that’s intended to identify and anticipate potential threats from commercially-available off-the-shelf technology.
.. Continue Reading DARPA looks to head off threats from off-the-shelf tech
- DARPA looks at “system of systems” to maintain US air superiority
- DARPA opens registrations for for first FANG challenge
- Turret flight tests to pave the way for laser weapons on military aircraft
- Inventions that changed the world: Mikhail Kalashnikov’s AK-47
- Solid lubricant smooths the way for reduced weapon maintenance
- Sandia shoots (dud) nuke out of a cannon