In today’s world, vacuum tubes or radio valves seem as dead as high button shoes and buggy whips, but DARPA sees them as very much the technology of the future. As part of a new program, the agency is looking to develop new tube designs and manufacturing techniques for use in tomorrow’s high-powered communications and radar systems.
.. Continue Reading DARPA sees future in vacuum tubes
- New molecular transistor can control single electrons
- The best of CES 2015
- DARPA circuit smashes electronic speed record
- Creating materials to enable “transient electronics” that dissolve on command
- Things heat up for self-destructing electronic devices
- Review: Cubit programmable “make anything” electronic platform