A newly-opened US$30-million facility has made Detroit Zoo more palatial, but it’s not for visitors – it’s for the zoo’s penguins. The Polk Penguin Conservation Center is designed to be an optimal habitat for penguin welfare, with a controlled climate, activity features and a huge new pool.
.. Continue Reading Detroit Zoo’s new conservation center is fit for a king penguin
- Transplanted pig heart kept ticking for over two years
- Zootopia seeks to break down barriers between humans and animals
- “Horn-cams” could protect rhinos from poachers
- Cultured liver cell microreactor might replace animal testing
- Beastcam gets quick 3D scans of live critters
- Hathigaon elephant village reclaims land devastated by sand quarrying