Over 65 million years ago, an asteroid some 10 km (6 mi) wide crashed into the Earth and wiped out the dinosaurs. Strangely, the legacy of this huge space rock could include a treatment for cancer after scientists from the UK and China demonstrated that iridium – a rare metal delivered to Earth by the asteroid – can be enlisted to kill cancer without harming healthy cells.
.. Continue Reading Dinosaur-destroying asteroid might have delivered a cancer-killer to Earth
- Bog-pickled dinosaur brains make for a remarkable fossil
- Herbivorous dinosaurs caught with crustaceans in their crap
- Meet Zuul, the well-preserved new dinosaur species dubbed “Destroyer of Shins”
- New species of ancient marine reptile is the oldest of its kind
- Triceratops-like dinosaur tooth fills gap in history of American continent
- Croc-like fossil reveals earliest dinosaur ancestor