Ordinarily, when a donated kidney is waiting to be transplanted, it’s cooled on ice. Doctors from Toronto General Hospital (part of the University Health Network, or UHN) have become the first in North America to try another technique, however. They’ve kept a deceased donor kidney alive at body temperature, using an altered heart-lung machine.
.. Continue Reading Doctors use heart-lung machine to keep kidney kicking
- Space station lung tissue studies could benefit earthlings
- Transplanted pig heart kept ticking for over two years
- Scientist claims that human head transplants could be a reality by 2017
- Genetically engineered pigs could soon become organ donors for humans
- Nanoparticles used to stop a body rejecting organ transplants
- Face transplant gives ex-firefighter his life back