The old saying goes that you shouldn’t let the grass grow under your feet, but a British green energy company sees that neglected greenery as the solution to the UK’s energy needs. Ecotricity has announced it plans to produce methane using grass harvested from marginal farmland that could one day heat 97 percent of British homes and create a whole new energy industry.
.. Continue Reading Ecotricity wants to heat British homes with gas from grass
- Bacteria could build and power microscopic “wind farms”
- Material that recycles sunlight could be next big leap for solar cells
- Metal makes for a promising alternative to fossil fuels
- Solar and wind technology delivers power and clean water to villagers in the West Bank
- Kepler Energy reveals plans for tidal energy scheme in Bristol Channel
- Portland to generate electricity within its own water pipes