A study of skin wound healing in 40 (human) volunteers has found that electrical stimulation significantly speeds up the healing process. The researchers hope to now develop and test dressings and devices that could be used in treatment of human or veterinary surgical wounds, sports injuries, and other serious skin trauma.
.. Continue Reading Electrical stimulation proven to accelerate wound healing
- Newly-discovered waste-eating bacteria could help in nuclear waste disposal
- Plot is an “on-demand” garden that can be booked by the hour
- Flexible graphene-based LED clears the way for flexible displays
- Discovery of body clock reset mechanism could help shift workers and jetsetters
- Future asthma treatment may target trigger allergens
- “Robot scientist” Eve to save time and money in drug development