ESA is gearing up to light the blue touch paper this week on one of the largest solid rocket motors ever built. At the space agency’s Spaceport in French Guiana, the first complete P120C rocket motor that will act as a booster for ESA’s Vega-C and Ariane 6 rockets will be mounted on a static test stand, where 600 sensors will monitor the motor during its 135-second burn.
.. Continue Reading ESA prepares to light-up world’s largest single-piece solid rocket
- From Earth to orbit using a single-stage rocket
- Electron rocket failure caused by ground error
- ARCA’s revolutionary aerospike engine completed and ready for testing
- Rocket Lab readies its first commercial launch
- Rocket Crafters granted patent for safer, cheaper 3D-printed rocket fuel
- Saturn V: The birth of the moon rocket