The European Southern Observatory has spoilt us again with the release of an incredibly detailed 220-megapixel view of the famous Orion Nebula, one of the closest stellar nurseries to Earth. The newly-released image surprised astronomers by revealing the existence of three separate populations of stars with different ages – a revelation that may force astronomers to rethink their current approach to the formation of star clusters.
.. Continue Reading Everyone’s favorite nebula harbors a surprising secret
- Hubble images neutron star at the heart of the Crab Nebula
- Snappy star goes through two stages of evolution in just 45 years
- Latest look beyond Orion’s clouds forces star birth model rethink
- ESO’s OmegaCam captures a two billion pixel nebula view
- A preview of the beautiful way our sun will die
- The cosmos created from cinnamon, spice and … cat hair?