A new eye has joined the hunt for planets around nearby stars. The instrument, dubbed SPIRou, has been installed at the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope (CFHT), where it has achieved first light by snapping the spectrum of the star AD Leonis.
.. Continue Reading Exoplanet-hunting SPIRou records first light
- A spectral Saturn shines in new ESO nebula snap
- First observations made with deep-space water-hunting instrument
- Massive stellar survey to help locate our Sun’s solar siblings
- Astronomers peer into the ancient universe with new spectroscopic survey
- A better way of detecting bogus coffee beans
- Not enough hours in the day? At least you’re not on planet Beta Pictoris b