Lockheed Martin’s three F-35 Lightning II strike fighter variants have completed what the company called the most comprehensive flight test program in aviation history. On April 11 at US Naval Air Station Patuxent River, Maryland, Navy test aircraft CF-2 carrying external 2,000-lb (907-kg) GBU-31 Joint Direct Attack Munitions (JDAM) and AIM-9X Sidewinder heat-seeking missiles completed the final developmental test flight of the System Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase of the program.
.. Continue Reading F-35 completes comprehensive flight tests without a single loss or fatality
- The F-35 fighter completes 100,000 flight hours
- F-35A declared combat ready following first air-to-air kill
- Lockheed Martin awarded US$150 million US Navy laser weapon contract
- Lockheed Martin component brings Webb Space Telescope into focus
- Unmanned F-16 demos combat mission capabilities alongside manned aircraft
- Orion crew capsule powers up in preparation for deep-space flight test