With the goal of providing single-stage-to-orbit capabilities that will enable spacecraft to take off and land like aircraft, and potentially ushering in an age of hypersonic air travel, Reaction Engines Ltd’s Synergistic Air-Breathing Rocket Engine (SABRE) has the potential to be an aeronautical game-changer. Construction has now begun on the facility that will be used to conduct the ground test of SABRE’s engine cycle.
.. Continue Reading Facility to test SABRE air-breathing engine under construction
- Britain invests £60 million in Skylon spaceplane
- SABRE on course to chill SKYLON into orbit
- SKYLON spacecraft’s engine passes critical test
- BAE Systems and Reaction Engines to develop hypersonic space engine
- ESA review finds ‘no impediments’ for SKYLON spaceplane development
- Hypersonic civil aviation: Sydney to Brussels in four hours