SpaceX scored a double first today as the Dragon spacecraft returned to service and the Falcon 9 booster nailed the first ever powered landing at sea. At 4:43 pm EDT, the CRS-8 mission lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station Launch Complex 40 in Florida for the International Space Station (ISS) and after delivering the unmanned cargo ship into orbit the Falcon 9 first stage rocket made a safe touchdown on the drone barge “Of Course I Still Love You” stationed in the Atlantic Ocean.
.. Continue Reading Falcon 9 nails barge landing as Dragon returns to space
- Musk says CRS-7 explosion may have been due to faulty strut
- CRS-5 launches successfully, but booster landing fails
- Falcon 9 puts its legs up a little longer after SpaceX delays launch
- SpaceX’s CRS-4 mission blasts off for space station
- Dragon brings ISS science samples back to Earth
- SpaceX signs landing pad agreement with US Air Force