Cars with Ferrari or McLaren badges regularly blow past the 200-mph (322-km/h) mark, but Hondas and Volkswagens, not so much. Sure, technically, VW is no stranger to the 200+ conversation because of group brands like Bugatti, Lamborghini and Porsche, but the “Beetle” isn’t usually the VW Group car that’s mentioned amongst such company. But this month, a VW Beetle and a Honda have both been driven past 200 mph to sign their names in the book of the world’s fastest cars.
.. Continue Reading Fastest ever Honda and VW Beetle emerge from Bonneville Salt Flats
- Bonneville dishes out salt, sun and speed in spades
- 3,000-hp Venturi VBB-3 battles wet salt to set electric land speed record
- Triumph to take third tilt at 376 mph motorcycle world land speed record
- Briton Richard Brown aims for world two-wheeled land speed record
- Guy Martin to steer Triumph’s land speed record attempt
- Castrol Rocket prepares for motorcycle land speed record bid