Those who have been watching new multi-tools, from electronic survival torches to multipurpose shovels, may be wondering why their trusty Swiss Army knives can’t start a fire like some others. Victorinox did have a butane lighter option for a while, and there are some hacks out there for adding fire-starting capabilities, but the average Swiss Army knife won’t be of much use in creating a blaze. Tortoise Gear offers an easy solution. Its fire steel swaps in for the possibly never-used Swiss Army toothpick and works with various traditional implements to spark a flame.
.. Continue Reading Firefly puts fire-starting power in your Swiss Army knife
- Mask compass lets firefighters keep their head(ing)
- Indoor fire tornado kindles cozy moods instead of torrid destruction
- Ready Fuel gel fire starter burns at 1,200°F
- Survival Laces put a fire starting kit on your feet
- The fire-starting, flare-shooting Endure survival pen
- In Photos: Adventure gadgets and gear from Outdoor Retailer 2017