A robotic relic of the Space Age is going up for auction for an estimated price of US$80,000. Looking like C3PO’s down-at-heel cousin, the Power Driven Articulated Dummy (PDAD) was developed for NASA in the 1960s by the IIT Research Institute in Chicago and was designed to test spacesuits. The sale is part of R R Auction’s Elite 100 Auction in Cambridge, Massachusetts, later this month.
.. Continue Reading For sale: One slightly worn Space Age robot
- Robotic glove tech developed for space station finds use on terra firma
- Chemically-powered, autonomous Octopus could spawn a new generation of soft robots
- Soft robotic gripper gets a grasp on fragile objects using electroadhesion
- UK power station demolished by an international team — of robots
- Danish astronaut to control earthbound rover from ISS
- NASA sends humanoid robots to university