Another veteran of the Cold War has bowed out after the French Air Force retired its last operational Mirage 2000N supersonic nuclear bomber. In a military ceremony marked by aerial demonstrations and a static aircraft display at the 125 airbase of Istres on June 21, General Olivier Taprest, Major General of the Air Force marked the official end of service for the aircraft after over 30 years.
.. Continue Reading France retires Cold War nuclear bomber
- The truth about Satan: Nuclear war in the 21st century
- Cold War data reveals impact of nuclear tests on space weather
- How to verify nuclear treaties without giving away secrets
- Britain’s latest ballistic missile sub named as construction begins
- Lockheed Martin developing cruise missile replacement for US Air Force
- Just one nuclear detonation could plunge Earth into “nuclear autumn”