While artificial intelligence-based smart speakers like Amazon Echo and Google Home may be grabbing the headlines, Tokyo-based Vinclu’s Gatebox is looking to set itself apart with a virtual assistant who isn’t just a disembodied voice, but takes the holographic form of a tiny anime girl who seems a bit too eager to please. The device was first announced back in January, but Vinclu is now taking limited pre-orders for those interested in a virtual personal assistant that also doubles as a surrogate girlfriend.
.. Continue Reading Gatebox reimagines Amazon Alexa as fawning anime girlfriend
Category: Around The Home
- Cozmo uses AI to develop a little robot personality
- Game changers: Do clever machines add up to AI?
- AI alarm clock gets to know you
- Gabriel computer system offers a guiding voice to users
- Review: Smartphone-controlled racing with Robotic Enhanced Vehicles
- Beerbots demonstrate robotic collaboration by serving drinks in a makeshift bar