Koenigsegg may be the one pushing the idea of a 1 hp/1 kg car, but Hennessey beat it there by a few years with the 1,200-kg, 1,200-hp Venom GT. That car set an unofficial world speed record a hair under 270.5 mph (435.3 km/h) in 2014. And it’s still not good enough for John Hennessey, who has stuffed another 207 horses into his supercar in a bid to ensure it remains one of the world’s most powerful cars. Gotta keep up with the Koenigseggs and Bugattis, after all. It’s all part of the 2,875 horses that Hennessey will storm SEMA with next week.
.. Continue Reading Hennessey adds 200 hp and more speed to the world’s fastest car
- 1,400-hp Hennessey Venom F5 guns for a 290-mph speed record
- Hennessey turns Ford F-150 Raptor into rugged VelociRaptor SUV
- Hennessey’s 1,226 horsepower Cadillac CTS-VR
- State of the Game: Supercars
- And the world’s fastest car is … the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport (again)
- Hennessey gets patriotic with Venom GT “World’s Fastest Edition”