Open wounds are something of a paradox – they need to be checked regularly, yet taking the dressing off too often just increases the risk of infection. That’s why a group of Swiss researchers has developed a new “glowing” bandage that lets caregivers monitor the healing progress of wounds, from the outside.
.. Continue Reading High-tech wound dressing glows if it has to go
- Artificial skin uses snake-like senses to feel the heat
- Infection-fighting bandages may help treat serious burns
- Heat-responsive bandage helps heal wounds
- Smart bandage detects bedsores before they appear
- Angled rotors let drone fly in any orientation (and play catch)
- Single-rotored Monospinner keeps drone flight simple