If Neptune seems a bit blemished of late, it’s because NASA has confirmed that a dark spot has shown up in its bluish atmosphere. Observations by the Hubble Space Telescope taken in May show that a dark vortex has appeared in the southern hemisphere. This high-pressure system is accompanied by brighter “companion clouds” and is the first such dark spot to be seen this century.
.. Continue Reading Hubble investigates dark spot on Neptune
- Hubble finds tiny new moon orbiting Neptune
- Hubble’s 4K images of Jupiter reveal mysterious wispy thread in Great Red Spot
- Hubble data reveals ancient white dwarfs at the core of the Milky Way
- Hubble captures sharpest ever image of Andromeda
- NASA weighs collosal, ancient galaxy cluster
- Astronomers observe predicted supernova explosion