As useful and ubiquitous as solar energy is becoming, it still has one major Kryptonite: gloomy weather. Now, a team of Chinese engineers has developed a hybrid solar cell that can produce electricity come rain or shine, using the triboelectric effect to harvest energy from the movement of raindrops on its surface.
.. Continue Reading Hybrid solar cell captures energy from the sun and raindrops
- All-weather solar cell design generates electricity come rain or shine
- South Australia to build world’s largest single-tower solar thermal power plant
- Project Sunroof calculates rooftop solar potential using Google Maps
- World’s largest redox flow battery being built in underground salt caverns
- World’s first solar bike path set to open in the Netherlands
- Nanogenerators could turn our veins into blood flow power plants