You would think that the more sunlight that hits a solar panel, the better. When it comes to efficiency though, that’s not the case – as photovoltaic cells heat up their efficiency decreases. To capture that heat and put it to good use, a team of scientists from Brunel University London has created a hybrid system that turns the whole roof into a solar generator.
.. Continue Reading Hybrid solar roofing system uses heat pipes to boost efficiency
- Slip House provides template for future affordable and sustainable family homes
- Apple looks greener than ever with new renewable energy-powered data centers
- Hybrid solar power system combines photovoltaic and pyroelectric tech
- Could Earth’s infrared emissions be a new renewable energy source?
- WaveNET – the floating, flexible wave energy generator
- Green ideas get ecomagination showcase