NASA has detailed fresh discoveries and released the latest batch of images from New Horizons. Sent as the unmanned probe hurtles away from Pluto and out of the Solar System, the new images and readings show a haze that may be the source of Pluto’s reddish color and exotic ice that flows like glaciers. The space agency has also shared a spectacular New Horizons flyby simulation video.
.. Continue Reading Ice flows, hazy hydrocarbons among latest Pluto reveals
- New Horizons spurs new calls to make Pluto a planet once again
- First images trickle in following New Horizons’ historic flyby
- New Horizons time-lapse shows a full day on Pluto and Charon
- Contact temporarily lost with New Horizons spacecraft
- Pluto’s wobbly moons dance to a chaotic tune
- Latest New Horizons images show puzzling spots along Pluto’s equator