Widely seen as the esteemed French architect Jean Nouvel’s masterpiece, the Louvre Abu Dhabi really is a sight to behold. More than a decade and hundreds of millions of dollars in the making, the museum finally opened last weekend, inviting visitors to wander amongst its galleries housed in striking, oversized white blocks topped by a magnificent mesh dome that scatters mesmerizing patterns of light onto the plaza below.
.. Continue Reading In photos: Seeing the light at the jaw-dropping Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Freshly-baked museum showcases the best things since sliced bread
- Interlocking timber boxes conceived for modern art museum
- New species of ancient marine reptile is the oldest of its kind
- Meet Zuul, the well-preserved new dinosaur species dubbed “Destroyer of Shins”
- Subterranean museum cosies up to WWII bunker
- Studio Bell: Architecture that makes music