Vehicles like the EarthRoamer XV-LTS and other off-road, off-grid behemoths are among the big draws of Overland Expo West, but not everyone has the will or means for such a massive global wanderer – fun to gawk at, not necessarily relevant to your immediate or future travel plans. More practical are the legions of off-road trailers, camper vans and roof-top tents that pop up (often literally) at every corner of the show. This year’s show had plenty of trailers and a broader field of camper vans and roof-top tents than we’ve seen in the past. These compact, mobile shelters will get you every bit as far off the grid as huge, diesel-truck-based expedition vehicles, but they’ll keep size and pricing down.
.. Continue Reading In photos: Small, off-grid living in vans, on roofs and in trailers
- Compact trailer serves as a camping multi-tool on wheels
- Heavy duty off-road caravan doesn’t leave luxury behind
- Shreddin’ teardrops and other off-road camping trailers of Overland Expo 2016
- Gidget teardrop camper takes sliding approach to extra space
- Base Camp customizable trailer supplies a rugged box of adventure
- WoollyBear camping trailer treads lightly through the wilderness