Gizmag traveled to last week’s Overland Expo West in Northern Arizona to explore the latest in 4x4s and adventure campers. In contrast to last year’s warm, beautiful weather, this year was cold and rainy with a touch of snow, creating tire-swallowing, ego-crushing mud that left many a vehicle grinding its gears fruitlessly. It wasn’t ideal weather for a camping trip, but it proved the perfect backdrop for showcasing rugged four-wheelers with specialized chassis and powertrain components.
.. Continue Reading In pictures: Rubber, metal and mud at Overland Expo West 2015
- ADAK camping trailer keeps you cozy off the grid
- Modular Buddy Box furniture makes your van all kinds of recreational vehicles
- Rugged Xventure “severe-duty” trailer sleeps you in the attic, hauls gear below
- Swiss camper suitcase brings a campsite around the world
- Turtleback Trailer feeds, cleans and shelters you off grid
- Roadtrek converts Ram ProMaster into a cushy, spacious campervan