UK Passivhaus specialist Mike Jacob has joined with award-winning architect Adrian James to create a flatpack home that takes less than a week to install. Dubbed “Kiss House” the prefabricated housing model is similar in concept to the Mini House from a few years back, but on a much bigger and more livable scale. Offering two, three and four bedroom versions, the Kiss House is built using cross-laminated timber (CLT), which is a sustainable alternative to traditional building methods such as concrete and steel construction.
.. Continue Reading Kiss House flatpack home can be assembled in just four days
- Flat-pack pasta morphs into 3D shapes
- Cubicco’s sustainable flatpack homes are built to withstand a hurricane
- London studio simplifies shelter for disaster relief
- Greycork flat-pack furniture set can be assembled in 20 minutes
- Ikea’s refugee shelters enter production, 10,000 units planned this year
- Hands are the only tools you’ll need for FoldSmart’s five-minute flat-packs